Book Festival In Your Living Room Live Continues with author Deepak Chopra
Book Festival In Your Living Room Live Continues with authors Eric Furda and Jacques Steinberg
Our monthly Men’s Club meeting to connect with friends and plan future events.
• 1 1/2 pounds
• baking potatoes (3 to 4 potatoes)
• 1/2 medium yellow onion, peeled and quartered
• 1 large egg
• 2 tablespoons matzo meal or unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• pepper to taste
• 1 cup canola oil
• Applesauce and sour cream, for serving
• Peel potatoes and onion and use the large shredding blade on your food processor to grate the potatoes and onions you may also use a box grater.
• Squeeze the potatoes and onion by using a cheesecloth. Save the potato starch at the bottom.
• Mix the potato starch, egg, matzo, salt, and pepper with the potatoes and onion. Use your fingers to evenly distribute all of the ingredients.
• Form latkes. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form a flat, four-inch patty.
• Fry the latkes. Heat the oil until latkes sizzle immediately upon entering the oil. Fry until each side is dark golden-brown.
• Drain and serve. Remove hot, crisp latkes from the oil and drain on paper towels. Makes approximately 12 latkes. Serve and Enjoy!