“Travel” with us via Zoom to view the murals of Cincinnati with special guest tour guide Liz Neidich!
Be a part of a lively discussion on the topics of the day in our Zoom Current Events Discussion!
Book Festival In Your Living Room Live Continues with author Ina Garten
• 1 1/2 pounds
• baking potatoes (3 to 4 potatoes)
• 1/2 medium yellow onion, peeled and quartered
• 1 large egg
• 2 tablespoons matzo meal or unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• pepper to taste
• 1 cup canola oil
• Applesauce and sour cream, for serving
• Peel potatoes and onion and use the large shredding blade on your food processor to grate the potatoes and onions you may also use a box grater.
• Squeeze the potatoes and onion by using a cheesecloth. Save the potato starch at the bottom.
• Mix the potato starch, egg, matzo, salt, and pepper with the potatoes and onion. Use your fingers to evenly distribute all of the ingredients.
• Form latkes. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form a flat, four-inch patty.
• Fry the latkes. Heat the oil until latkes sizzle immediately upon entering the oil. Fry until each side is dark golden-brown.
• Drain and serve. Remove hot, crisp latkes from the oil and drain on paper towels. Makes approximately 12 latkes. Serve and Enjoy!